Pages

Saturday 27 May 2017

Hi sorry I have been away for a while,  I haven't been able to do an awful lot in the last year or so but I feel I am now getting to a place where I can share my crafting with you...  I've still been crafting to help with my pain management but I've not been blogging... I think I lost my confidence a lot so I have given myself a good talking to and off I go with updating you all in what I do with myself on a day to day basis....

So last weekend my daughter was going to a friends 11th birthday party.  I never know what to get her friends so I decided to give the little girl some money so they can go and spoil herself... I just didn't want to put the money into the birthday card (my daughter made the card), so I decided to make a box gift card, I got the idea from a wonderful lady,  Linda Parker on YouTube.... I made the box out of Stampin up card Tempting Turquoise and here is what I made:-


I used the  retired 'En francais' stamp from Stampin up to stamp onto the whisper white card in the Tempting Turquiose ink and decorated the box.  I recently purchased the 'Detailed Dragonfly Dreams' and 'Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies' from Linda Parker who is a Stampin Up Demonstrator in the UK.  I stamped the Dragon fly twice, on my Tonic Tim Holtz Platform, again in the same ink and die cut them both out.   I glued one of the dragonfly body to the top of the box leaving the wings free.... The sentiment came from the 'Dragonfly Dreams' stamp set, its a lovely sentiment. I stamped it with VersaMark ink and used my Nuvo Embossing Powder - Glacier White Embossing Powder 602N.  I popped the sentiment up with foam tape.





I used the second Dragonfly for the card section on the back of the box gift card and used another sentiment from the same stamp set. The box opens from the top...


Like so.... I thought if I put the envelope inside it would look odd so I brought out my tissue paper and Tonic stamping platform and stamped the dragonfly all over it like so....


 
I added the tissue paper into the box and I thought it looked very beautiful... Next was to make the envelope to put the money into,  I used Tonic Sweet Nothings -  Treasured Token Die Set 1317e. I cut the envelope out in the same Stampin Up - Whisper White card.   It looked a little bit plain so I used some of the verso dies that comes in the Treasured Token die set on the front of the envelope, I added a piece of the Tempting Turquoise card inside of the envelope to bring out the beautiful decorative piece as shown here....


  

I die cut a sentiment -  'a gift'  from the same Tonic die set and glued it to the front of the envelope...
I do hope you enjoyed my first attempt of coming back to blogging :) :)

My daughter when she saw the box didn't want to give it away, she wanted to keep it herself...  Lol. After the party my daughter came home and thanked me for making her the box gift card.  She said when she gave it to her friend she said she was amazed with it, she liked the box more than the money!!! It's the little things in life that matter...

Thank you for reading

Crafty Hugs

Cal :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment