Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Tonic 40th Birthday card for a good friend.

Hi I made a card for a good friend of mine for the weekend.  I don't know about you but I find making male cards very difficult, so I brought out my tonic goodies and I came up with this:-


I used all Tonic products on this card, except for the card which was from Stampin up,  I used both Smokey Grey and Basic Grey.

If you look in the background at my MacBook,  I am watching Hochanda,  Jodie Johnson was on with Tonic products :) :)

The Mirri card was just from my stash.
I started with a square card base 8x8  and layered up the card with the Smokey Grey and Basic grey card stock with the Mirri.

My next layer was a piece of Smokey Grey and I have a stamp from Tonic Sentimental Strips- It's Your Special Day 1365e.... it's a gorgeous stamp!!  I used my Tonic Tim Holtz stamp platform to stamp the back ground using my VersaMark ink, I used the strip to fill the whole piece of card. I then sprinkled Tonic Nuvo Clear Embossing Powder 603N. I heat set the embossing powder with a heat gun.

I then used Tonic Deco Trellis Base Die set 505e, and cut the die out of Basic Grey, I thought it looked lovely with the Mirri card behind it shining through.


I used Tonic Advent Drawer Deco die set 562E for the numbers '40' and the letters were Tonic 'Windsors' Upper Case 1688e and Tonic 'Windsor' lowercase1687e for the 'Th'.  



I layered up the '40Th' and did a drop shadow with both Smokey Slate and the Basic Grey and put the Mirri on the top to make it stand out.  I propped the Middle of the Deco Trellis die up on foam pads, to raise it up off the card as in the photo above..

In the middle of the card it seemed very plain so I used the  Mirri card and the Smokey Grey then used a white card for the 'Happy Birthday' Tonic 'Everyday Sentiments' die set 1 600E.




I just love this sentiment!!

Well thats me for today, thank you for popping by.

Crafty hugs

Cal :)









4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I LOVE the more I background behind that trellis die. It is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn for your lovely comments. The stamp is a strip die by Tonic, its great for backgrounds :) x

    ReplyDelete